Pick ONE of the following habits, and do it every day for 14 days.
- Exercise for 30 minutes
- Take fish oil and a multivitamin at breakfast
- Drink at least 8 cups of water
- Eat at least 4 one-cup servings of vegetables
- Sleep at least 8 hours (including naps and night-time sleep)
- During each meal, stop eating when 80% full
- Twice during the work day, get up and do 5 minutes of muscle stretching
- Eat 4 – 5 meals
- Eat lean protein with each meal
- Replace grains with greens during each meal
These 10 habits should give you a great start on the fat loss process. But remember the rules. Don’t try to pile them all on at once. Begin by choosing only one new habit that you’re confident you can do for 14 days. Then do it, adding new habits only after you’ve mastered the first one. And here’s another key tip. As you adopt each new habit, you have our permission to leave everything else the same. Sure, if you’re feeling particularly ambitious one day and you want to try a few new things, that’s OK. However, take my word. You can’t do it all at once, every day. But the good news is you don’t have to! So just let go of that expectation right now. Instead, pick one proven behavior to start with. The same way you would learn math, or learn to talk, or learn anything, you’re going to learn to get in shape.